Art that would be nice to have added to Epiar
Since Epiar is under the GPL, we need to make sure that artists put their art under a permissive license. We suggest a Creative Commons license, but we're not too picky.
Since we may need to re-render art for higher resolutions pictures, we request that all model art include the 3D model used to generate it.
There are three important ship views:
1) Birds Eye View: The in-game appearance of the ship. The rendering cannot have shadows or perspective that would make it look wrong when rotated to arbitrary angles.
2) Shopper View: The appearance of the ship when player are looking at it in the shipyard. The rendering can be from any perspective and with any background or action so long as the ship looks good.
It doesn't matter much what they look like. It's awesome if they're unique looking, but that actually limits how we can use them in game. (How many yellow planets with two purple moons and a ring can there really be in one universe?)
- More planets please.
- Star Belts
Epiar uses it's own .ani file format for Animations.
- More engine animations
- Laser Beams (multiple colors would be nice)
- Missiles (multiple kinds: guns torpedoes, rockets, whatever)
We plan on having a way for users to view their inventory and/or buy ship upgrades. Each upgrade needs to have some sort of image to display in the 'shopping cart'.
- Tickets or Slips of paper (Permits, Maps, Special Instructions, etc)
- Ship thingies -- Miscellaneous bits and pieces that could be added to a ship for some effect (Radar, shields, scanners, etc)
Is there sound in space? The Epiar audience doesn't care. One of the major nit-picks about Epiar in all its incarnations has been the lack of any sound. People seem to expect it, so we need to add it at some point.
- Explosion Sound
- Shaking Sound
- Zoom Sound
- Background Music (?)