|Version 1 (modified by chris, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Last updated: August 1, 2010 with a git-precopy of 0.4.0
Warning: In being an honest criticism, there's a lot of fowl language here. You've been warned!
Another warning, largely for Matt: I know a lot of the stuff I'm complaining about is 'proof of concept' so don't feel like I'm critising you - I'm really just making a list of things that need additional work.
- Intro screens are largely shit: awkward perspectives, bad angles, looks like sub-par 3D work
- Lots of UI dialogs have weird spacing, e.g. intro dialog just has a player list in a window called "Welcome to Epiar" - not really sure what to do here
- New Player dialog should just move controls around in the same window with things like name, starting alliance, etc. but instead makes a window to the side: awkward
- UI has no blinking cursor
- HUD spacing is bad (coordinates brushes up against radar in a spacing not shared by the other status bars)
- Hitting 'L' to land on a planet, if I'm over a planet, should select that planet first, then open the landing dialog if I hit L again - not immediately land me
- Ship art on shipyard is very low quality in some areas, terrible spacing, no borders on ship list. Also, shouldn't really be "ship picture with button below", should be something more elegant
- Tabs, scrollbar, etc. art needs to be cleaned up. Too simplistic, e.g. compare it to the window borders or buttons, which are largely done correctly
- Button text that is too wide should generate a warning and be truncated with '...'
- Trade dialog is bad - really the whole landing experience is a bit disappointing but that's understandable since it's a proof of concept